Contract & Liability Agreement
Contract & Liability Agreement
Stillwaters Ranch Hunt Contract and Liability Waiver Agreement
Stillwaters Ranch is a ranch in Llano County, Texas containing approximately 2400 acres and owned by the following parties: Stribling Limited Partnership, a Texas limited partnership managed and controlled by it’s general Partner, LLL Land and Cattle, LLC, a Texas limited liability company; and William F. Leverett, Jr. and Clayton T. Leverett in their capacities as independent co-administrators of the Estate of William F. Leverett, Sr., deceased. For ease of reference, the owners of Stillwaters Ranch and their agents and representatives are collectively referred to in this release as the “Owners” and Stillwaters Ranch is referred to as the “Ranch”.
- Guest agrees to pay a deposit of 50% of the total fee to secure a reservation. The remaining balance must be paid in full 14 day prior to arrival at Ranch. Trophy Fees, if applicable, will be paid prior to departure.
- Cancellations are subject to a 50% cancellation fee unless the space can be rebooked, or the guest will have the option to transfer his/her deposit to another available date the following season.
- It is the intention of Stillwaters Ranch to provide the Guest a reasonable opportunity to harvest a buck deer of the caliber advertised and/or requested. Presentation of a Trophy buck, which will be at the guide’s discretion, unless on a management deer hunt, will fulfill the obligations of Stillwaters Ranch; there will be no refund. In the event that the opportunity does not present itself, guest may return again to hunt at a mutually acceptable date.
- In the event a shot is attempted and/or deer is wounded, the obligation of Stillwaters Ranch will have been met. Wounded animals, any animal leaving a blood trail, will be charged the same as a kill by the approximate predetermined approval of guide. Every reasonable effort will be made to recover a wounded deer.
- All hunting Guests will obtain a Texas hunting license prior to arrival at Stillwaters Ranch and will abide by the laws of the United States of America, State of Texas, and Llano County, including rules set by Stillwaters Ranch
- All guests will be personally guided by one of our ranch guides. The guide will determine the approximate classification of all bucks prior to harvest and inform the hunter of the approximate B&C score and Trophy Fee, if applicable. All bucks taken will be scored at the ranch and the total inches of horn, no deductions and non-typical B & C scoring, will be used to determine Final Trophy Fee Pricing.
- Guest’s use of the Ranch includes the hunting of deer, and other forms of recreation and outdoor activities, under the supervision and permission of owner or owner’s agents and shall include no other use.
- Guest recognizes and fully understands that outdoor recreation, and activities including hunting, can be dangerous and can cause significant injuries to people and/or damage to property.
- Owners are willing to allow Guest to enjoy themselves and the Ranch only if Guest acknowledges the risks inherent in these activities and agrees to conduct himself/herself in a safe, responsible, and reasonable manner while on the Ranch and agrees to release Owners from any and all claims that may arise during any activities on the Ranch.
In consideration of Owners permitting Guest to participate in hunting, shooting, and related activities on the Ranch, Guest agrees to the following agreements and conditions:
- Guest agrees to act in a reasonable, safe, and courteous manner while on the Ranch. Guest agrees and acknowledges that he/she will immediately leave the Ranch if his/her actions and activities are deemed unsafe, obnoxious, or discourteous towards Owners or Owners agent.
- Guest voluntarily RELEASES AND DISCHARGES Owners, anyone associated with Owners (specifically including Owner’s employees, operators, contractors, agents, representatives, volunteers, heirs, executors, administrators, successors, and assigns), from any and all personal injury or property damage sustained by Guest while on Ranch. All of the released parties listed above are sometimes collectively referred to in the release as the Released Parties.
- Guest assumes full responsibility for any risk of injury, damage, or accidents that may occur on Ranch, and Guest WAIVES any claims, demands or causes of action that Guest may have acquired against the Released Parties as a result of any activities on the Ranch, even if such claims are based on the negligence of the Released Parties.
- Guest agrees not to sue Released Parties for any claim arising out of any activity on the Ranch. Guest agrees that this release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the State of Texas, and if any portion of this release is held to be invalid, the balance of the release will continue in full force and effect. This release is effective each time that Guest enters the Ranch after signing this Release.
- This release will be construed according to the laws of the State of Texas, and venue for legal action to interpret or enforce this release will be in Llano County, Texas.
- This Release states full and final agreement between Owners, Guest, and the Released Parties, and this release may not be modified or altered by any verbal or implied agreements.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS CONTRACT AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A COMPLETE CONTRACT AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND WAIVER OF CLAIMS. I UNDERSTAND THAT I WOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN ACTIVITIES ON THE RANCH IF I DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS CONTRACT AND RELEASE. I HAVE SIGNED THIS CONTRACT AND RELEASE OF MY OWN FREE WILL AND AGREE TO ITS TERMS.